Recently on Blog
(Yet Another) Product Key Number Finder for Windows
The reason why I've created another key finder is that I needed simple one without need to get it installed (with creepy adware). Source code available: Product Key Finder is written in C# and you can check it's source code on GitHub if you want. Or you can just simple download it and give it a try:
- Download my Windows Product Key Finder (yet another tool like that ;).
Product Key Numbers and Notebooks with Windows 8 and upThere may be problem with product key numbers if you try to get them from notebooks that were shipped with Windows 8 or up. Since Windows 8, system manufacturers can embed their activation codes into BIOS so there are no more COA labels placed anywhere on the notebooks. This is also the reason why you are not prompted to enter the key even during the fresh install of Windows and the system is then activated properly.
Windows 10 Upgrade Product Key NumbersAlso don't forget that Windows 10 upgrade from previous version of Windows 7/8/8.1 has generic product key that looks like this:
- Windows 10 Home - YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
- Windows 10 Pro - VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
- Windows 10 Home SL- BT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
- Windows 10 Pro VL-MAK - QJNXR-7D97Q-K7WH4-RYWQ8-6MT6Y